Syria responds to Annan peace plan, spokesman says

By REUTERS
March 26, 2012 18:20

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

GENEVA - Syria has formally responded to the six-point peace plan put forward by Kofi Annan, joint special envoy for the United Nations and Arab League, and backed by world powers, Annan's spokesman said on Monday.

"The Syrian Government has formally responded to the Joint Special Envoy for Syria, Kofi Annan's six-point plan, as endorsed by the UN Security Council. Mr. Annan is studying it and will respond very shortly," his spokesman Ahmad Fawzi said in a statement giving no further details.

Earlier on Monday, Annan told journalists in Moscow he could not set a deadline for a resolution of the Syrian crisis after a year of bloodshed but it could not drag on indefinitely.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
Turkish lira weakens to 5.86, U.S. warns of more sanctions

By REUTERS