UK anti-Islam leader convicted of assault at rally

By REUTERS
September 30, 2011 00:11

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LONDON - The leader of British populist anti-Islamist protest group, the English Defense League (EDL), was convicted on Thursday of assault at one of its demonstrations in April, police said.

Stephen Lennon, 28, who also goes by the name of notorious soccer hooligan Tommy Robinson, was charged in June after an altercation at an EDL demonstration in Blackburn town center in northern England.

He was found guilty after a trial at Preston Magistrates Court and will be sentenced on Nov. 3.

Lennon told Reuters earlier this week that if he was found guilty the authorities were seeking an order to ban him from taking part in any public protest for three years.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 17, 2018
Argentine Navy submarine found a year after disappearing with 44 aboard

By REUTERS