US tourists freed unharmed in Sinai

By REUTERS
May 31, 2012 16:44

CAIRO - Two US tourists were released unharmed by Bedouin kidnappers in the Sinai Peninsula on Thursday, security sources said, a day after they had been abducted by tribesmen seeking the release of one of their kinsmen held by the Egyptian authorities.

"The tourists are with Egyptian security now," a security source told Reuters. "They were released after successful negotiations with the army, with the mediation of Bedouin sheikhs."

Several other tourists have been held briefly by tribesmen in recent months and have been released unharmed.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 19, 2018
Report: large explosion heard at cave of the Patriarchs

By JPOST.COM STAFF