Yemen police open fire above protesters in city of Taiz

By
April 4, 2011 12:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SANAA - Police opened fire over the heads of protesters trying to break into the main provincial government building in the Yemen city of Taiz on Monday, witnesses and protesters said, and at least 30 people had been wounded in clashes.

It was not immediately clear what wounds the protesters had suffered but heavy fire was continuing in the city south of the capital, witnesses said. Television reported one person had been killed, but there was no immediate confirmation.

Police using live rounds and tear gas wounded hundreds of protesters marching on a presidential palace in Yemen's Red Sea city of Hudaida earlier on Monday in a sign of fraying nerves as the weeks-old political crisis deepens.   

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 24, 2018
May defends 'credible' Brexit proposal -CBS News interview

By REUTERS