BREAKING NEWS

US says missile strikes on Libya only 'first phase'

WASHINGTON - A series of more than 110 cruise missile strikes on Libyan targets is only the first phase of a multiphase operation, a senior US military official said on Saturday.
Vice Admiral Bill Gortney, director of the US military's Joint Staff, declined to discuss what the next phase of the operations would be. He said more than 20 sites had been targeted in coalition strikes so far.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy