$37m. sexual harassment suit settled in Australia

October 18, 2010 09:24


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

SYDNEY — A sexual harassment lawsuit that shocked Australia's business community with its size has been settled out of court for a fraction of the original claim of Australian dollars 37 million ($36.6 million).

Upscale department store company David Jones Ltd. announced Monday it had agreed to pay AU$850,000 ($842,000) to former publicist Kristy Fraser-Kirk to drop her case against former CEO Mark McInnes. Kirk confirmed the settlement.

McInnes resigned in June after admitting to acting inappropriately toward a female staff member, and Fraser-Kirk identified herself as the person involved soon after when she announced her intention to sue David Jones and McInnes.

Fraser-Kirk's claim of AU$37 million was the largest in Australia in a sexual harassment case.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 14, 2018
At least 20 dead, 16 injured in Italy bridge collapse, official says