Egyptian finance minister not yet asked to retain post

By REUTERS
November 30, 2011 11:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

CAIRO - Egyptian Finance Minister Hazem el-Beblawi said Wednesday that he had not yet been asked to stay in his post in a new cabinet due to be formed by the end of the week.

The ruling military council Friday named political veteran Kamal Ganzouri to form a new cabinet that would last until mid-2012.

Asked if he had been approached to stay on as finance minister in the new cabinet, Beblawi told Reuters: "All I can say is that, up to this very moment, I was not approached by anyone."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
Russia accuses UK of trying to foist its Russia policies on the EU, U.S.

By REUTERS