Libya denies 'mass expulsion' of foreign reporters

By REUTERS
April 13, 2011 17:51

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

TRIPOLI - Libya's government contested a report from a media freedom group which accused it of expelling 26 foreign journalists.

Officials said the reporters left only because their visas had expired and they could apply to return.

Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said last week it was outraged at the "mass expulsion" of 26 journalists, who had been among a group of foreign correspondents based in a Tripoli hotel at the invitation of the Libyan government.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 19, 2018
Trump threatens to send in military to shut down U.S. border to Mexico

By REUTERS