PM says he's working to free Schalit, draws 'red lines'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
December 21, 2010 11:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's office said that actions to return Gilad Schalit to his family are constantly taking place, in a statement Monday evening. However, the prime minister said that he could not cross certain "red lines" in order to release the captive soldier.

The statement followed comments earlier in the day by Noam Schalit, the captive soldier's father, accusing Netanyahu's government of abandoning his son.

Netanyahu said, "I stand firmly in that dangerous terrorists will not be released to places in the West Bank, from where they could carry out attacks inside Israeli territory."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
Report: Seven injured, two critically, in Gaza border clashes

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF