Pentagon says US has not increased presence in Korea

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
November 23, 2010 19:21

Pentagon spokesman Col. Dave Lapan said the United States has moved no additional US personnel or equipment to the Korean peninsular as a result of North Korea's artillery attack against the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong but would not say whether US forces in South Korea had been put on heightened alert.

He said it was "premature" to say whether the United States is considering a response to the incident or whether to increase the deterrent there.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 24, 2018
Germany's Merkel says China and Germany standing by Iran nuclear deal

By REUTERS