Prosecutors: Detained Paris suspect silent over Brussels attacks

By REUTERS
March 25, 2016 20:46

BRUSSELS - Detained Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam has declined to talk about the Tuesday's attacks in Brussels, having declared already on Saturday that he would exercise his right to be silent, federal prosecutors said on Friday.

In a news release detailing their questioning of Abdeslam, prosecutors said they had first been able to speak to him on Saturday morning because he had been wounded during his arrest on Friday afternoon.

Investigators first asked him about key points in the investigation into the Paris attacks that killed 130 people. Abdeslam, whose brother blew himself up in Paris, was in the French capital on the night of the attacks on Nov. 13 and is the first suspected active participant taken alive.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
Russia's Lavrov, U.N. Secretary-General discuss Iran nuke deal, N. Korea

By REUTERS