Report: EU says it won't cut aid to PA over statehood bid

By JPOST.COM STAFF
October 3, 2011 15:55

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The European Union will not cut aid to the Palestinian Authority in response to the PA's UN bid, EU foreign policy chief Catherin Ashton told PA President Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian news agency Ma'an reported on Monday.

The United States Congress announced last week that it was holding up $200 million of its aid to the PA in response to the bid for UN membership, which the US opposes.

On Sunday, Ma'an reported, PA Foreign Minister Riyad al-Malki said the PA has not received any "official confirmation" that he US aid money was being blocked.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 19, 2018
Liberman: Now everybody understands why we lost deterrence

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF