3rd blast rocks NZ mine where 29 workers died

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
November 26, 2010 06:36

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

GREYMOUTH, New Zealand — Officials on Friday said there has been a third blast inside the New Zealand mine where 29 workers were killed in an earlier explosion.

Pike River Coal chairman John Dow said the blast occurred almost exactly one week to the minute after the first explosion that led to one of the country's worst mining disasters.

Twenty-nine workers were caught in last week's explosion and officials said there was no way they could have survived a second blast on Wednesday.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
At least 11 drown as 'duck boat' capsizes in Missouri

By REUTERS