Al Qaida denies plotting to attack pilgrims to Mecca

By JPOST.COM STAFF
November 14, 2010 12:40

Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula on Sunday denied that it was planning to attack Muslims making the haj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia, responding to a Saudi government minister who said that such an operation was possible, Reuters reported.

In the statement posted on an Islamic website, the al Qaida group said, "We are against any crimes against pilgrims...Haj is a pillar of Islam and we are most eager (not to spill) the blood of Muslims, wherever they may be, according to Reuters.Referring to cooperation between Saudi Arabian intelligence services' cooperation with the United States that led to the discovery of a parcel-bomb plot earlier this month, the group said: "What proves that the al-Saud cooperates with and has full allegiance to the Americans and the Jews is that they informed them about the explosive parcels, which were destined for the Jews and the Americans," according to the report.


Related Content

Breaking news
October 21, 2019
Spanish PM to visit Barcelona, criticizes regional chief

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings