Iran state governor denies reports of blast

By REUTERS
November 28, 2011 19:52

TEHRAN - The deputy governor of Iran's Isfahan province on Monday said he had no reports of an explosion in his region, after some news media reported such a blast had taken place on Monday.

"So far no report of a major explosion has been heard from any government body in Isfahan," he was quoted as saying by the semi-official Mehr news agency.

Israeli newspaper Haaretz and other media earlier on Monday said Iran's Fars news agency had reported a large explosion heard in Isfahan city, which is near a uranium enrichment plant. The story was not on Fars's website later in the day.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
U.S. strongly condemns attacks on Libyan oil ports

By REUTERS