Libyan military court says drops case of general's killing

By REUTERS
December 19, 2012 23:41

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BENGHAZI - A Libyan military court said on Wednesday it would no longer handle the case investigating the killing of a top rebel field commander in last year's war, after the questioning of the country's former insurgent leader sparked protests.

Military prosecutors last week told wartime rebel leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil not to leave the country after questioning him over the killing of Abdel Fattah Younes.

That spurred widespread criticism as well as protests in support of Jalil in Tripoli that continued on Wednesday, with roads in several areas of the capital closed off.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
U.N. chief suggests options for improved Palestinian protection

By REUTERS