Man accused of threatening Obama appears in Seattle court

August 23, 2012 06:44


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

SEATTLE - A Seattle-area man appeared in federal court on Wednesday on charges of threatening to assassinate US President Barack Obama in a taunting email to the FBI and assaulting a federal agent sent to arrest him.

Caluori, 31, was arrested at his apartment south of Seattle on Tuesday after the FBI notified the Secret Service about the alleged threat. He had five guns, including two assault rifles, when arrested, according to the criminal complaint against him.

"I will kill the president!" Caluori wrote in a profanity-laden email, according to the complaint. "Come get me."

"You have 7 days ... Get me to Alcatraz now," he wrote, referring to the now-closed island prison in the San Francisco Bay. "You can't afford to call my bluff.".

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
China cuts Air China's flight hours, launches safety review after incident