NATO bombs area southwest of Tripoli, state TV reports

By REUTERS
April 17, 2011 20:31

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

CAIRO - NATO warplanes bombed an area southwest of Libya's capital, Tripoli, on Sunday, Libyan state television reported. It later said the alliance had also hit the city of Sirte, east of Tripoli, but gave no details.

Quoting a military spokesman, Jamahiriya television said the bombardment was on the area of Al-Hira, 50 km (31 miles) southwest of Tripoli, which had been hit by NATO attacks before.

The later report said Sirte, 450 km east of Tripoli, had also been targeted. On Friday, state television also said NATO warplanes launched air strikes on Sirte.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Iranian minister: US sanctions display disregard for human rights

By REUTERS