Rights group wants funds cut to Palestinian forces

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 17, 2011 13:27

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

JERUSALEM — A human rights group says the US and the European Union should cut off funds to Palestinian security services until the Palestinians investigate accusations of abuse against protesters.

Human Rights Watch says Palestinians demonstrating in support of Egypt's anti-government protest movement were assaulted on three occasions, most recently at a Feb. 5 rally.

The rights group says plainclothes officers groped women and detained one man, accusing him of tearing down a poster of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

The group also said Abbas should order an investigation into the death last year of a Palestinian man whose interrogators allegedly tortured him.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Russia urges rebels in Syria's Idlib to distance selves from Nusra Front

By REUTERS