Chef Alon Lysy Carmel Tart.
(photo credit: Courtesy)
Meet Alon Lysy: a gourmet chef, passionate entrepreneur, and local resident of Tel Aviv. Before he was ‘Chef Lysy’, he was a curious foodie with an artistic imagination and a drive for success. Today he's serving up fresh and unique dishes across Israel as chic restaurant chef, a part-time private chef, managing his own gourmet catering company - Lysy Gourmet Cooking.
From exotic creations to comfort food favorites, Chef Alon Lysy's food tastes *even better* than it looks.
Chef Lysy will be sharing his exclusive recipes with JPost readers so that you can Gourmet the Israeli way
at home! Whether you're an experienced foodie, an adventurous at-home chef, or just an avid follower of food photography, welcome to your new favorite destination.
Phone: +972 050-9774412
Facebook: Lysy Gourmet Cooking
Strawberry Caramel Tart with Crème Patisserie and Whipped Cream
(Quantities listed serve 5-6 people)Tart Base
- 1 1/4 cups white flower
- 1/2 cup butter cut in small cubes
- 3 tablespoons of brown demerara sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt.
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until having a unified mixture
3. Put the mixture in a circle shaped silicon cooking pattern 0.5 cm height
4. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown
5. Let cool for 1 hour Creme Patisserie
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 egg yolk
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean or
1 teaspoon of high quality vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
1. Heat the heavy cream in a pan (don't let it boil)
2. Add sugar
3. Add vanilla seeds/vanilla extract
4. Mix the egg yolk in a bowl and slowly pour the hot cream into the bowl while mixing
5. After having a constant mixture, pour back to the pan, add the flour slowly and mix until thickens
6. Cool down for 3 hours in the fridgeUnsweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of heavy cream
1. Cream into a bowl and whisk with a hand blender/mixer until whipped consistency Strawberry Confiture
- 1 1/4 cups fresh/frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- zest from half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry vinegar
1. Heat a pan with 1/4 cup butter
2. Add the strawberries, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon zest
3. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes
5. Cool for 3 hours in the fridgeTo Serve:
Place the tart base and spread the cream patisserie on top. Spread a thin layer of the whipped cream across the tart, and place a second tart directly on top. Repeat and top with strawberry confiture. Add a bit of lemon zest on top and serve with whipped cream on the side.