Four civilians killed, 19 people wounded by blast in SE Turkey

By REUTERS
May 30, 2016 20:36

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later



DIYARBAKIR, Turkey- Four civilians were killed and 19 people were wounded by an explosion in the town of Silopi in Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast on Monday, security sources said.

Five of the wounded were members of the security forces, the sources said. Silopi, like many towns across the southeast, has been scorched by violence since the militant Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) abandoned its 2-1/2-year ceasefire with the government last year.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Sirens sound in Beer Sheva

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF