Jerusalem toddler suffers second-degree burns from boiling water

Jerusalem infant suffers

By JPOST.COM STAFF
October 30, 2009 10:56

A two-year-old girl was seriously injured on Friday morning after being burned by boiling water in her home in Jerusalem's Mea She'arim neighborhood. The toddler was evacuated to the city's Shaare Tzedek Medical Center after suffering second-degree burns. "The frightened parents, who were waiting in the street, said that the water had spilled over her face, chest and back," one paramedic told Channel 2. The girl's parents had implored medical personnel not to evacuate their daughter to Hadassah Medical Center due to calls in the haredi community to boycott the hospital in order to show solidarity with the "starving mother." Police were investigating the incident and questioning the parents, who may be charged with negligence.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2019
Police investigating suspected bank robbery in Nahariya

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

Cookie Settings