New Argentine prosecutor says pressing on with case against president

By REUTERS
February 13, 2015 19:54

The investigation into accusations that Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez tried to cover up Iran's involvement in a 1994 bombing will go forward despite the death last month of the prosecutor on the case, authorities said on Friday.

Alberto Nisman was found dead in mysterious circumstances on Jan. 18, a day before he was due to face questions in Congress over his 289-page complaint against the president and her foreign minister, Hector Timerman.

"An investigation will be initiated with an eye toward substantiating ... the accusations and whether those responsible can be held criminally responsible," said a document published by state prosecutor Gerardo Pollicita, who will take on the case.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
Turkey to start implementing retaliatory tariffs against United States

By REUTERS