Second round of evacuations from Syria's east Aleppo completed

By REUTERS
December 15, 2016 20:56

ISTANBUL - A second round of evacuations from Syria's eastern Aleppo was completed on Thursday, a Turkish official said, as part of an effort that Turkey has said could see 100,000 people brought out of the city.

No further information about the second round of evacuations was immediately available. Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak said earlier on Thursday that a convoy of 20 buses, capable of carrying around 1,000 people, was being used for the evacuation, shuttling in and out.


Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2019
Trump, Facebook CEO Zuckerberg had 'good, constructive' meeting

By REUTERS