BREAKING NEWS

PM: We were ready to extend US deal on settlement freeze

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Monday told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee that he was ready to accept an extended settlement freeze but that the United States, in fact, backed away from the deal.
"At the end of the day, the United States decided not to go in that direction, justly so, and moved on to outlining talks on closing gaps, so that the core issues can be discussed," the prime minister explained.
Noting that his government had already agreed to a 10-month freeze, Netanyahu said, "The truth is that we were ready also ready to do it again, contrary to reports that Israel refused to extend it."
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy